The newly refurbished Café Qua... read more
Although hospitals are funded by the NHS, there is always the need for extra money to provide even better service to patients and their families.
UHCW Charity is the charity for University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust – University Hospital Coventry and the Hospital of St Cross, Rugby. By raising funds we enhance and improve patient care and facilities so our community has the best possible health care now and in the future.
We designate donations inline with donors’ wishes, so they support the Ward/Department of their choice. We then work with this team to ensure the money is used to make a real difference to the care of their patients. This may include:
- Purchasing patient comforts, such as entertainment equipment , supporting arts and crafts activities, toys and books
- Funding improvements to the hospital environment to make it more welcoming to patients
- Providing facilities for patient’s family members, such as parents rooms on the Neonantal Unit
- Supporting a holistic approach to patients care, such as the Healing Arts Programme
- Funding state of the art equipment
- Contributing to clinical research
- Helping staff to keep their skills and knowledge up to date
Making A Donation
Please visit UHCW Charity’s own website www.uhcwcharity.org for more information about the ways you can help, including:
- Collecting Donations In Memory Of A Loved One*
- Organising An Event
- Taking Part In An Event
- Leaving A Gift In Your Will
- Making A Regular Donation
Donations should be made payable to UHCW NHS Trust Charity and sent with a completed postal donation form to: UHCW Charity, Rm AEJ00019, Main Reception, University Hospital, Clifford Bridge Road, Coventry CV2 2DX.
*Donations In Memory
We really appreciate gifts made in memory of a loved one, especially the sentiment they have been given with. For this reason UHCW Charity offers two ways to make a donation and acknowledge the life you are celebrating. You can choose to take part in both, or just one of these activities:
- Celebrate A Life - A unique scheme, named after your loved one, that you can ask family and friends to make their own individual contribution to UHCW Charity, in a variety of ways.
- Blooms of Love - On behalf of supporters, who wish to celebrate the life of a family member or friend, we plant spring flower bulbs in the hospital grounds in bloom they are a wonderful symbol of many loving relationships.
To read about the schemes please visit UHCW Charity’s own website www.uhcwcharity.org for more information
Please request donation envelopes from UHCW Charity, if you are collecting donations from a friends and family.
On occasions donors ask how they can support the staff who has been involved in their care. Whilst we can not restrict a donation to the personal benefit of an individual or group of individuals, these donations can be used to support staff welfare, such as:
- Staff facilities - Enhancing areas, such as the staff rooms or work stations. This may include refurbishing a room, providing soft chairs or sofas and by funding a fridge, water machine or microwave. Sometimes when we ask staff it's small things that make a difference - a biscuit barrel or being able to drink from a glass or mug instead of a disposable plastic cup.
- Staff training and development - Helping staff to learn new techniques and skills, be aware of innovations, to be inspired by best practice and hear from world leaders in care. We may also provide subscriptions to professional publications that staff would not otherwise have access to.
Please let us know if you would like your donation to be used in this way, by making a note on the postal donation form.
Visit www.uhcwcharity.org for more details
Telephone: 024 7696 6913
Registered Charity Name: University Hospitals of Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust Charity
Registered Charity Number: 1058516