On Friday, July 8, David Wilki... read more
Work With Us
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust is one of the newest and busiest NHS teaching Trusts in the country caring for over 1,000,000 people across Coventry, Warwickshire and beyond in 2014/15 we served:
- 608,288 people who attended an outpatient appointment
- 183,440 people who were cared for in our Accident and Emergency department (including those in specialist children’s A and E)
- 149,949 Inpatients and Day Cases.
- 6,078 babies delivered.
- 41,095 Patients received operations in our state of the art theatres
‘Our mission is to CARE, ACHIEVE and INNOVATE’
CARE we strive to deliver the best care for our patients by improving quality of care, safety and patient experience throughout the Trust.
In 2014/15 we:
- A new eye treatment room was opened on the University Hospital site which allows Coventry eye patients to receive treatment closer to home.
- A new-look Children’s Emergency Department was opened, which was designed with children of all ages in mind and provides a friendly environment.
- A Bluebell Lounge was opened at the Hospital of St Cross which provides a serene haven for patients suffering with dementia.
- Our Diamond Jubilee Rehabilitation Centre was officially opened on our St Cross site by HRH Princess Alexandra.
ACHIEVE we seek to achieve excellence in education and training by supporting and inspiring the current and future workforce through our positive culture of achievement, education, training and development.
We uphold that a first class workforce is essential to create and maintain UHCW as a first class health care provider.
We provide excellent learning and development opportunities for all staff, so everyone can achieve their full potential.
We endeavour to endorse a working environment that promotes communication, equality and diversity.
- Both our University Hospital and Hospital of St Cross sites went smoke free on January 1, 2015.
- We were named as one of the top Trusts in the country for use of Twitter.
- Our 1,000th baby was delivered in the Lucina Birth Centre in March 2015.
- We were awarded International Centre of Excellence status award for the treatment of neuroendocrine tumours.
- We won the Best Dementia Friendly Hospital award.
INNOVATE we strive to lead in improving and innovating patient care driven by clinical leadership, championing research and collaborating with our partners and stakeholders.
- We were the first Trust in the UK to move from physical to digital pathology slides, which allow our pathologists to view samples in high resolution on their computer screens from any location.
- We introduced keyhole surgery for patients too unwell to undergo conventional open heart surgery.
- Robotic surgery was introduced. The da Vinci Robot is able to perform prostate, kidney, bowel, throat and heart operations with minimal intrusion for patients.
To find out about current vacancies and opportunities with us, please click here.
Page updated April 2016