Work With Us
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire is one of the newest and busiest NHS teaching Trusts in the country caring for over 1,000,000 people across Coventry, Warwickshire and beyond in 2008/9 we served:
- 483, 212 people who attended an outpatient appointment
- 150,101 people who were cared for in our Accident and Emergency department (including those in specialist children’s A and E)
- 128,313 Inpatients and Day Cases.
- 5, 721 Babies delivered.
- 3,961,942 Pathology Tests conducted (including tests at the Labs at UHCW, George Eliot Hospital and Warwick Hospital)
- 44,239 Patients received operations in our state of the art theatres
‘Our mission is to CARE, ACHIEVE and INNOVATE’
CARE we strive to deliver the best care for our patients by improving quality of care, safety and patient experience throughout the Trust.
- 50% less cases of C Diff and recorded first ever months MRSA free.
- 84% patients reported a positive response in regards to the cleanliness of the hospital.
- Results from the National Inpatient Survey put UHCW in the top 20% of Trusts nationally for patient rated experience.
- In 2007 UHCW was one of the top 25% of Trusts which achieved a rating of ‘Best Performing’.
ACHIEVE we seek to achieve excellence in education and training by supporting and inspiring the current and future workforce through our positive culture of achievement, education, training and development.
We uphold that a first class workforce is essential to create and maintain UHCW as a first class health care provider.
We provide excellent learning and development opportunities for all staff, so everyone can achieve their full potential.
We endeavour to endorse a working environment that promotes communication, equality and diversity.
- Results from our Staff Impression Survey 2009 concluded that 85% of our staff stated that they have a positive impression of the Trust.
- 78% of our staff stated they would recommend us as a place of work.
INNOVATE we strive to lead in improving and innovating patient care driven by clinical leadership, championing research and collaborating with our partners and stakeholders.
- UHCW NHS Trust is the only Trust in the West Midlands to offer 24-hour primary angioplasty treatment.
- We have invested £750,000 into our highly rated maternity services.
- We are currently submitting a Foundation Trust application.